The Doll House - A Poem

Monday, November 14, 2011

Diary of a Mad Miniaturist: 29 October 2000

29 October 2000:  Greetings from Gulf Shores, Alabama!  I have indeed found many shells for the doll house.  I'm even toying with the idea of a "shell wall" in the Mud Room.  Or if it's going to be a Sun Room. . . well, perhaps a shell wall would work there as well, or perhaps in the Roof Top Garden?  I'll have to give that further thought.

New items of interest - I "rediscovered" a lovely doily in the house the other day (Thursday?) and I've purchased two more here - at Nigel's urging no less! He found them and suggested I use them as "rugs"!  I was so pleased that he took an interest.  But the best is yet to come!

Some time later, when we'd been through so many shops I'd lost track and I was all for giving up but Nigel kept insisting we stay.....we found a bookstore.  I went in and found a spot to browse, then I saw Nigel in the Craft Section, looking for something.  The next thing I know, he's gone and I start to look through the books in that area - to see if I could find any about - what else - doll houses.  Then I hear him calling my name and motioning for me to join him.  I have to admit I was a little exasperated because I didn't want to leave my search just yet.  But I gave in and went over to him.  That's when he presented me with a book on doll houses!  He said it was the only one he could find and he hoped I didn't already have it.

I was so proud of him and so thoughtfully touched by his sweet gesture.  It still makes me smile inside! I think he approves! Or at least he acknowledges that I have a keen interest in this.....and I will do for some time to come!

P.S.  I have no idea if the book is any good. But I was so pleased with Nigel's interest that even if I already had the book, I don't think I would have told him!


Until the next post.
May God Bless, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment